- David Plowden, Small Town America, Aug. 1996.
- Barbara Holland, Endangered Pleasures, June 1996.
- William Maxwell, Ancestors: A Family History, Feb. 1996.
- Jerry Ellis, Walking the Trail: One Man's Journey Along the Cherokee Trail of Tears, April 1995.
- Benjamin P. Thomas, Lincoln's New Salem, Paul M. Angle, "Here I Have Lived": A History of Lincoln's Springfield, William E. Baringer, Lincoln's Vandalia: A Pioneer Portrait, Charles H. Coleman, Abraham Lincoln and Coles County, Illinois, Mary Burtschi, Vandalia: Wilderness Capital of Lincoln's Land, Paul Simon, Lincoln's Preparation for Greatness, Aug. 1994.
- Wendell Berry, What Are People For? and Recollected Essays, 1965-1980. June 1994.
- Wallace Stegner, Where the Blue Bird Sings to the Lemonaide Springs, Feb. 1994.
- The Complete Poems of Carl Sandburg, Dec. 1993.
- George R. Stewart, U.S. 40; Thomas R. Vale and Geraldine R. Vale, U.S. 40 Today: Thirty Years of Landscape Change in America; Drake Hokanson, The Lincoln Highway: Main Street Across America; Quinta Scott and Susan Croce Kelly, Route 66: The Highway and Its People, Michael Wallis, Route 66: The Mother Road, Oct 1993.
- Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, Aug. 1993.